Key workshop takeaways:
- Value props need to communicate relevance, value, and differentiation. They’re not slogans (e.g., “Just do it”).
- Value props are more important to startups than slogans are, because people don’t know who you are or why they should care.
- You don’t need to be a writer to create a great value prop. The process can be pretty painless.
- Survey your website visitors and best customers to get inside their heads (min. 25 responses each)
- Don’t try to reinvent the wheel. Lean on value prop templates created by others (see Copyhackers blog post below)